Since I finally feel good enough to actually sit down and write, I thought I’d catch back up on some good blogging opportunities! 🙂 A few things to catch you up on, like a construction project and a trip to the Big Easy.
But first, I thought I’d share some more personal news I’ve been keeping to myself (and Jeremy and my Mom) since I first announced our family expansion project.
- Foods–I pretty much drink nothing but water, and lots of it. Occasionally, when I can’t take it anymore, I’ll have a small glass of milk or a huge glass of cranberry juice with breakfast. I’m LOVING cranberry cocktail juice. I also love apples, rice (but especially Jasmine or Basmati with just a little butter and salt-mmmm), toast and cheese sticks. Even though the nausea’s gone, I’m still a pretty picky eater thanks to the baby rules and my acid reflux.
- Body–After a long time of nothing, then a short time of is-this-baby-growing or just-me-eating-like-it, I’m finally actually showing. I fact, everything on my torso has grown but otherwise, no changes to report.
- Sleep–I’m sleeping better lately. Not near as much tossing and turning as the past month. I can’t roll on my stomach though or it’s uncomfortable and I still get up in the middle of the night thanks to all the water I’m drinking.
- Work–Has been 50 times more stressful than usual and I find myself with slightly less patience and stamina than I’m used to. But otherwise, I still have a great department team and enjoy going and building relationships. Last week it was with media, which was a fun change of pace since normally my work focuses on employees and Brand.
- Other people–From the people who know I’m expecting, I get asked frequently now if I know “what I’m having” (in my head I scoff and say, yes, a baby!) but I actually tell them I will in a few weeks. Most people are very excited and it’s still fun to tell people who don’t know.
What I learned over the past trimester:
- Calming down–I was soooo excited in the beginning. And before I knew it I was as far as planning the first day of school! I had to quit. I’m trying to live more in the moment and accept whatever that moment brings. Especially when it’s not what I was planning but what needs to happen. Even at work, I would get so personally invested in topics. Now I try to be more reserved and only react to those things that impact me directly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t… 😉
- Reality check–I always loved keeping up with pregnant friends and bloggers. The adorable belly pictures, the showers, nursery decorations, the birth announcements! I totally forgot there’s so many emotions and so much work to do before any of the fun stuff and there will be plenty later, too. Planning a nursery is so fun! However, cleaning, organizing, sorting the guest room and actually planning/researching safety ratings etc. to put your nursery together is not nearly as much fun as Pinterest browsing.
Things I’m glad are over:
- Nausea–Enough said.
- Worry–That risky window of time where people tell you everything can go wrong, especially since it had been so easy so far, was nervewracking.
- Ambiguity–I had taken the tests and had the doctor confirm but didn’t feel like anything was different for the first 10 weeks. Then even after I felt different (aka worse), others had no idea and I felt like it was so early that it didn’t count.
- Patheticness–Generally and overall I was totally worthless most evenings. I’d ask Jeremy to hand me my water glass because if I had to move even an inch, it wasn’t worth it. Terrible!
What I’m looking forward to in this second trimester:
- Finding out the sex
- Planning the nursery
- Great hair and skin
- Picking names
- Showing even more
- Celebrating with friends and family
So, what’s going on with you? Anybody know a good alkaline food menu or Jacksonville prenatal yoga class? Have a great week!