TGIF! Is anyone else immediately forced to sing the Full House theme song when the phrase “TGIF” is used? Just me? Okay, anyway…
Couch to 5K (C25K) training program Week 8 = D-U-N. And, it was a rough but exciting one! Since I was supposed to be finished with the program, I had my 5K scheduled. Obviously, I’m two weeks behind anyway, so I just had a 5K as my Week 8 Day 1. Why not?
The Week 8 days were all the same: Run for 28 minutes. But since I started the week with the 5K, I was sooo sore and skipped the day 2 run. I felt bad about about it for about an hour and then made myself a banana split and felt much better 😉 .
Thursday, I planned to run but was met with less-than-friendly skies on my way home.
But I got home, and there was no lightning, so I went anyway. Ha-HA! And just for fun, I took another running partner.
I love that she is completely unphased. By herself? Oh no, no wet paws for Alaska. Going for a “w-a-l-k” with mommy with lots of squirrels to watch? Get outta her way with or without a little precipitation!
It was actually my first run in the rain AND in a tank top. I prefer big baggy t-shirts to hide all the jiggle and sweat but I took a leap. I decided if it was going to be soaked, I didn’t need the extra weight. And you know, I had a great run.
- The main thing I’m battling is getting over just running for so long. I keep thinking I need to walk. Then I realize after walking for a bit that I can breathe fine and my legs feel okay, so I run again. Is it boredom?
- Weekly mantra: “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -St. Francis of Assisi.
- I feel so grateful that my shin splints are well-managed!
- After the 5K, my left calf held it against me all week. It will not relax.
- When you run and eat banana splits, your weight doesn’t change. Good if you are maintaining. Bad if you are trying to lose.
- Don’t clip your toenails the morning of a race. My poor longer toes got chafed with all the downhill impact. I never could’ve guessed without going through it.
So, that’s the Week 8 program. Did you try anything new this week? I’m excited to be volunteering with a bunch of people I’m really looking forward to hanging out with at the 2011 Beaches Fine Arts Sprint Trialthon (BFAST). Aren’t they clever with their acronym?
Eeeee, Week 9 starts Sunday! Last week of the program…