Happy Friday! I can’t help but think about the significance of this, Week 9, for a few reasons.
- It’s supposed to be my last week.
- The Couch to 5K (C25K) program is only nine weeks long, however, I have learned (kinda like college’s four years and other best-laid plans) sometimes the intended path is not what you end up on. Therefore, although I started this program with Jasmine’s challenge nine weeks ago, I just did the Week 7 runs.
The Week 7, Days 1, 2 & 3 were all the same: Run! For 25 minutes. But, I can’t show you any pictures since I lost them all :(.
2. I can’t believe I’ve been running for nine straight weeks.
- I scheduled in runs, I got runner’s injuries, and I haven’t quit or let fear or doubt win yet (and I say win because it’s not that I haven’t been intimidated or had those little self-defeating voices in my head).
3. I have my first real, competitive 5K on Monday!
- Holy moly. I’ve only ever participated in one 5K, and I mostly walked–it was for charity.
- This July 4th run will include time chips. Jeremy and I are doing it together…but there’s plenty of friendly competition.
- I’m finding my confidence increase and I’m even looking forward to challenges.
- Weekly mantra: “Punishment, reward, pain, pride, those who can’t, cupcakes, bikinis, future kids, health, there are a million reasons to keep going–not one to give up.”
- I visited 1st Place Sports about my shin splints. They hooked me up with new inserts and they rock! With the new inserts and extra stretching I’m feeling so much better. Plus, they are pink. 🙂
- Upload pictures immediately.
- The right tools make all the difference for getting the job done.
So, that’s my recap. Did you try anything new this week? Anyone else finishing up their C25K program? Or gearing up for a 5K? So many questions; good thing it’s a long weekend!