Week 4, woot! This third week’s program (read about why I’m a week behind here) has been the first time that I really noticed how hard its going to get. The first two weeks certainly took effort but this week was especially challenging.
Week three involved alternating 90 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking with three minutes of running and three minutes of walking. The first day was an eye-opener. The end was a three minute run and I thought it would never end.
But, I did it!
In case you can’t tell, it was pouring down rain in that last picture. The yard is full of standing water. So, I’m running tomorrow instead. However, I didn’t put off this post because, in the spirit of trying something new, I’m going to stop weekend postings. It was really nice last weekend to use those days to get my thoughts together and spending quality time with family (and trying even more new things to share with you guys!).
- I am still nervous about if I’ll be able to make it. I think about the end runs and get overwhelmed.
- I plan to just stay positive and not stress before even trying.
- My right knee brace is working fabulously and now my only concern is shin splints on my left leg but I’m trying to better stretching.
- Pounds lost: 0 Pounds gained:2 WTH? I blame my vacation’s graduation cake. 😉
- BMI: Up one point.
- Three minutes is a really long time.
- Stretching is key. Before, after and even on the days in between runs.
- Ibuprofen/Advil and sleep is awesome.
So, that’s my week 4 recap. How’s your week going? Did you do anything new today?