Today, I tried a new veggie recipe. And, it was awesome! I really like cauliflower but have actually never bought it, I just get it at restaurants. But, as I shared last week at my pseudo-successful farmer’s market attempt, I bought cauliflower.
The problem with buying something new was I had no idea what to do with it. Hello Food Network! Emeril made oven-roasted cauliflower. Ovens? Good. Roasting? Good. Cauliflower? Good!
Anyone else love that that was someone’s DVR recording? But they did the perfect edit job for my reference.
So, the full recipe can be found on FoodNetwork.com but here’s the gist:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large saute pan or a roasting pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the saute/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately while still warm.
You can see that I didn’t use fresh lemon juice or fresh garlic and I left out chives completely (I just didn’t have any on-hand). And while I’m disclosing, I also didn’t stir as it cooked or measure exact lemon juice and garlic amounts. But when I pulled it out of the oven?
OK, that might look bland but it tasted much better. I’m so impressed how easy and delicious this trial was. Thanks Emeril. BAM!
Half my plate tonight was cauliflower.
Did you try anything new today? Any cauliflovers (See what I did there 😉 haha)?